Why Valentine’s Day is Depressing

I know Valentine’s Day is a day of love and feelings for your soul mate. But it really is kind of a limited holiday. In what way? Well, some of us don’t have anyone to give candy or hearts to. Valentine’s Day is truly depressing for some of us.

For one thing, I wouldn’t mind if hardly anyone else had a girlfriend or boyfriend, but the fact that they do sickens me. I see people in the halls holding hands, leaning in towards each other… Ugh. I really should be happy for them, but it would be a lot easier if I could identify with them. It just makes Valentine’s Day the most depressing 24 hours of February.

And then there’s the fact that I don’t have anything to do on Valentine’s day. Other people are going out to dinner and doing things with their girlfriend. My own 16 year old brother is going out to dinner with his girlfriend to make matters even worse. Where am I? On a hot date with my computer monitor. It just isn’t the same. Staying at home thinking about what I could be doing just adds to the depression of Valentine’s Day.

Yes, I can’t stand Valentine’s Day. But you know what? I can’t really mope around, because love may not be all it’s cracked up to be, ESPECIALLY in Middle School. Valentine’s Day may be depressing, but I can deal with that.

One thought on “Why Valentine’s Day is Depressing

1. I “loved” this post. I totally agree with you though. Valentines day is boring and weird, I don’t think that people in middle school should really be getting into this.